Saturday, November 12, 2011

Welcome to my Transformation Journey

So here's the deal: I turned 36 years old and realized that I am living the life of a 70 year old, overweight spinster. I was hiding from life. Why? Because I HATE how I look. I was feeling fat and ugly. I felt everyone who looked at me was thinking, "Eeeiiiww - look at that girl - she's hideous! I hope she has a good personality!"

Up until a couple years ago I was always busy. I went out with friends all the time - to movies, bars, concerts, etc. And then in November of 2008, I was laid off from a major job (as the Manager of Examinations at Harvard University) and entered a major depression. I gained more weight and stopped doing everything. I have been holed up in my room with food as my only friend.

Until NOW!

I have to thank Dr. Oz for the kick in the ass I needed to get back on track. Well, I have a lot of other people to thank - but they don't have the million dollars dangling in front of me! Dr. Oz announced Transformation Nation with someone winning $1,000,000 in April 2012. It's not only about weight loss, but living a healthy lifestyle. It was what I needed to hear to take the first step into my new life.

So why blog about this? A wise woman told me that you cannot change your life in a vacuum. Meaning that I can't do this alone from the comfort of my bedroom. I have to get out there and I have to have help. I KNOW there are tons of women (and men) in similar situations - so let's help support each other on this transforming journey! Whether it's losing weight, getting out of the house, making new friends, or getting off of Facebook for a little while, let's be there for each other.

I am going to put it all out there: my weight, measurements, pictures. I also want to post things that will be helpful to everyone: healthy recipes, stress-relievers, and items that I find work for me. And I want the same from you, my followers. Feel free to comment and share your stories from your transforming journey!

So let's DO THIS!

1 comment:

joe tacoma said...

Leala, you're right! It's time to get out there!

Wo0t!